Returns and RMAs
The goal of the following process is to help ensure that the user has access to a working machine vision camera or microscopy camera as quickly as possible. Often problems can be resolved in the field e.g. a new version of firmware or software that is not known to the customer. If the problem cannot be resolved this way, providing our Technical Support staff with an accurate description of the problem can facilitate faster problem diagnosis and resolution once our RMA team receives the camera.
An RMA number is required before a PixeLINK® industrial camera or microscope camera can be returned for repair or replacement. PixeLINK® products that are returned without an RMA number may be refused and automatically returned to the sender, or may result in unforeseen processing delays
Customers wishing to obtain an RMA must follow these steps:
- Carefully document the problem you are experiencing, noting any warning or error messages that may appear during operation
- Have your camera’s serial number and other identifying information at hand. The serial number can be found on bottom of the camera; other information can be found on the “Help → About” screen in the PixeLINK® Capture OEM program
- Contact your local PixeLINK® Reseller if you bought the camera from them. Otherwise, complete the RMA Request form for the request you have.
- For multiple cameras complete a single RMA report and include the serial numbers and issues of all affected cameras in the “Problem Description” section of the form
- Once the RMA Report is submitted, a Technical Support ticket is created in our request tracking system and an autoreply is sent to you confirming receipt of the RMA Report
IMPORTANT NOTE: The ticket number you receive is not the RMA authorization number. An RMA number is only issued following completion of the steps below
- Based on the problem description and system/software components detailed in the RMA Report, our Technical Support team can determine whether there are any possible fixes that can be applied without requiring the user to ship the camera back
- If our Technical Support team determines that there are no remote solutions to the problem, they will create a new ticket in our RMA queue and issue the RMA to the customer for the return and repair of the camera
- The customer will receive the RMA as e-mail from support@PixeLINK.com with [RMA#XXXXX] in the subject line (where XXXX is the RMA number). This e-mail will contain instructions on how to return the camera. Shipping costs to our offices are the responsibility of the customer; shipping costs back to the customer are paid by PixeLINK® if the camera is under warranty otherwise it is added to the RMA quote
- Once PixeLINK receives the RMA, Our policy is to provide a quote for repair within 10-15 business days or have the camera repaired and shipped back if the RMA is under warranty.
- Inquiries regarding the repair status of a camera must be directed to support@PixeLINK.com with the ticket number from your RMA request [#XXXX] in the subject line (where XXXX is the ticket number).
RMA Request Form