Application Support Specialist
PixeLINK is a leader in the design, manufacture and support of digital cameras for industrial, microscopy, medical and scientific applications. We are looking for an entry level person to join our Support team. The Application Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical support to customers and Sales personnel throughout the entire selling cycle. This includes providing technical support via phone and email, giving pre-sales demonstrations, performing product testing, developing sample application code, supporting customer application development and hardware integration and providing post-sale support for the PixeLINK product families.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide customer support and technical resolution via e-mail, phone, remote desktop, or other electronic medium in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively and work closely with internal teams: Sales, Engineering, Operations, to ensure optimized solutions are offered to customers.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues at customer locations (remotely or on location).
- Recreate, analyse and debug customer’s test setup.
- Develop technical materials and training sessions for channel partners, OEMs and end users.
- Develop source code for sample applications (C, C++, C#)
- Review customer’s source code (based on PixeLINK’s API) and recommend improvements and bug fixes.
- Test and evaluate new products.
- Provide suggestions regarding new product development and feature enhancements to existing products to improve PixeLINK’s position in the market place.
- University or college degree in technical related program.
- Proficiency in C, C++.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative.
- Adaptable to changing business environment.
- Ability to present technical information in an understandable form for a non-technical audience.
- Experience in a customer support role.
- Experience in a technical environment.
- Technical knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- .NET (C#)
- Great work environment for self-starters.
- Strong technical environment.
- Some travel may be required to support key OEMs and customers.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com